Comments & Complaints

The team at Guardian Medical Centre aims to provide a high standard of care at all times. They work hard to ensure patients receive excellent care and all their needs are met. Unfortunately, there may be times when a patient does not feel this is being achieved.

Raise a concern or complaint 

If you wish to raise a concern or a complaint please contact Hannah Glyde (Practice Manager) on 01925 650226.

It may be possible to arrange a meeting to discuss your complaint at that time as this is often useful in resolving a complaint and achieving the best outcome for the patient.

Written complaints

If you remain unhappy, please put your complaint in writing to Hannah Glyde (Practice Manager), Guardian Medical Centre, Guardian Street, Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 1UD. 

The practice will ensure that it is dealt with thoroughly and as speedily as possible.

Your complaint should be acknowledged within 3 working days* and you should receive a response within 20 working days. You may also be offered the opportunity to meet with one of the Lead GP’s to discuss your complaint.

*Unfortunately there may be instances where this is not adhered to due to absence, if you have not received an acknowledgement, please contact the surgery as soon as possible.

You can also contact the Complaints Manager at NHS England.

Write to: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT.

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm,)


Following the practice response to your formal complaint, if you remain unhappy, you can consider taking your complaint to the Ombudsman. You can do this after all attempts for a local resolution have been exhausted. You should do this within 12 months of the date of the letter telling you about the outcome of the complaint. You have the right to ask the Ombudsman to review your case. The Ombudsman promotes improvements in healthcare by assessing the performance of NHS organisations.

The Ombudsman’s contact details are:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP 

If you need help to make you complaint you can also contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) who will provide you with free support and advice.

Please contact ICAS on 0300 3305454 or

The Health Service Ombudsman in England

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website contains detailed information on raising a complaint about any aspect of the NHS in England.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website