You may have been asked to come into the medical centre to use our self-health kiosk.
What is it?
The self-health kiosk is a machine that allows you to check your height, weight and blood pressure by yourself.
Where is it?
Our self-health kiosk is located in Waiting area 4 at Guardian Medical Centre.
It is accessible any day / time between Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:30pm.
There are several reasons you may have been invited to use the self-health kiosk.
- You are over the age of 45 and have not had your blood pressure checked in the last 5 years.
- You have a health condition which requires regular monitoring of blood pressure, height and weight e.g. hypertension and diabetes.
- You have been invited for an NHS health check
The short video below demonstrates how to properly use the self-health kiosk. The basic steps are as follows:
- Input your name and date of birth using the touchscreen interface
- Stand on the scales
- Adjust the height measurement so that the marker lies flat on the crown of your head
- Step off the scales and sit next to the blood pressure machine
- Ensure the seat is at the correct height so that your upper arm is level with the machine
- Insert your arm into the machine so that the cuff is around your upper arm
- Press ‘Start’
- Follow the instructions on the touchscreen once your blood pressure has been recorded
- All results will be automatically added to your patient record. You do not need to inform a member of staff of your results
What if I am struggling to use the self-health kiosk?
Our reception team have been trained in how to use the self-health kiosk and will be happy to help should you require assistance.
Can I see a nurse / doctor instead?
We will always be happy to see you should you decide that you would rather these measurements be taken in person. However, please bear in mind that our clinical team are very busy at present and that the number of available appointments is limited. The self-health kiosk offers a way in which these important measurements can be easily taken without needing to book an appointment.
Does this replace my annual health check for my health condition e.g. hypertension, diabetes etc?
No. Please still contact our reception team to arrange your annual health check in the normal way.