First Contact Practitioner
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis– any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone e.g. tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain
- Spinal related pain in arms or legs including nerve symptoms e.g. pins and needles or numbness
- Changes to walking
- Post orthopaedic surgery
- Patients currently waiting on physio waiting list
Guardian Medical Centre has a First Contact Practitioner (FCP) who would be the best placed clinician to see you.
You do not need to see a GP beforehand.
- First Contact Physiotherapists (FCPs) are qualified autonomous clinical practitioners who can assess, diagnose, treat and manage musculoskeletal (MSK) problems and undifferentiated conditions. Some FCPs and Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioners (APPs) can also provide extended scope services such as cortisone injections and the prescribing of medications.
- The FCP service strives to provide evidence-based, personalised care, which may include: first line management of a MSK problem from within the practice, further investigations and onward referral into specialist services.
- The FCP service is currently available in-person and via virtual/remote platforms. With face-to-face, telephone and video consultations available for all our patients.
- Our FCPs aim to create seamless links through to secondary care physiotherapy and orthopaedic providers, as well as to community health services. Their goal is to empower patients to address health and MSK concerns independently and to improve the overall population health.
Please contact our reception team on 01925 650226 (option 1) to book an appointment.
If you require medication, further tests or referrals ownards for further treatment, our FCP can do this for you.